Accessibility at Crewe Hall
Wheelchair access upon arrival at Crewe Hall is available. To get onto the terrace guests can enter through West Wing entrance and use our portable ramp. The main reception desk is located on the ground floor of the hotel in the entrance lobby. During check-in we will include an explanation of the hotel’s facilities with a tour to familiarise yourself at your request.
- 6 purpose-built disabled bedrooms.
- Four of these rooms interconnect to a double room
- Transfer and turning space of at least 120cm either side of the beds
- Short pile carpet and the bathroom floor is tiled
- The bathroom has a wheelchair accessible shower, with a surrounding shower curtain
- The shower contains a chair connected to back wall for support
- Horizontal and vertical grab rails around the sink area, shower and toilet
- The toilet also has a cushioned back for extra support
The rooms light switches are lower for wheelchair height
Fitted desk lamps above the bed with switches either side.
In the event of a fire alarm activation these rooms have both a sounder and a visual flashing light. In the event of an emergency a member of the team will assist with your evacuation. Fire evacuation advice is provided on the back of your bedroom door and a disabled refuge area is indicated on the plan in case our staff need to summon extra assistance during your evacuation.
There is a small incline in the corridor inside the Old Hall. Public areas on the ground floor include the restaurant, bar and lounge. All the lifts have tactile buttons and there are accessible toilets throughout.
Conference, Banqueting & Meeting Rooms
Meeting rooms in the events centre are located on the ground and first floor and the upstairs conference facilities have lifts and a staircase. Disabled toilet facilities are available on both the ground and first floor. Meeting rooms within the old hall are located on the first and second floor and the lift is located to the left of reception.
- Hearing loops are available upon request in advance.
- Lighting can be dimmed where required, by asking a member of staff.
- Accessible toilets are located on the ground and first floor.
- Please notify our conference or banqueting staff for specific seating staging requirements.
Reflections Leisure and Spa
The leisure club is located on the ground floor with easy access from the leisure car park. A member of our leisure team will show you the facilities and assist with access to the swimming pool and spa.
A designated accessible toilet and changing area is located within the leisure club, as well as a wheel in shower room with a drop-down seat and grab rails. Access to the poolside is on the same level and there are steps with a handrail leading in to the shallow end of the pool.
The patio area can be accessed via the front steps leading toward the main reception entrance or it can be reached via the terrace reception, down three small steps leading out and following it round by turning left. And the patio is level paved so there is no difficulty for wheelchair users. There are no outdoor facilities but there are attractive gardens surrounding the hotel which is open to all guests.
To access the guest parking facilities, make a left turn before entering through the entrance gates and this will take you around a number of parking bays. Disabled spaces marked with purple signage and yellow tarmac markings.
Alternative means of transport
An accessible taxi service is available from 'CARS R US' at 01270 588888.